Big City now offers Gravostrat™ phenolic, an engraving material commonly used because of its non-flammable and flame retardant qualities as well as military grade specifications. With these qualities, the most widely used application is industrial identification and signage.
Gravostrat™ Phenolic Material Range:
- Rotary Engravable: Material is suitable for most plastic materials and metals as this is the most versatile engraving technology when used with a rotating cutting tool.
- UV Print: UV LED printing material.
- Indoor Use: Material intended for interior applications that do not require UV stability or resistance to weather conditions.
- Surface Engraving: There is a color contrast between the cap (surface layer) and core (base color) because material is either lasered or engraved to expose the core of the material.
Benefits of Gravostrat™ Phenolic
- Conforms to military specifications: ASTM D 709 ES-1, ES-2, ES-3
- Electrically non-conductive
- Low glare
- Flame retardant
- Phenolic material
- Resistant to chemicals and solvents
Gravostrat™ Phenolic Specifications
|Composition||Rigid thermoset material|
|Engraving Depth||0.3mm (.012")|
|Full Sheet||1220mm x 914mm
(48" x 36")
|Half Sheet||1220mm x 457mm
(48" x 18")
|Quarter Sheet||610mm x 457mm
(24" x 18")
|Other Size||610mm x 914mm
(24" x 36")